Re: Chanukah Song

>This is a little late,but there is an absolutely hysterical and wonderful
>Chanukah Rap song, "Hanukkah Homeboy" by Doc Mo She'.

Simon and I may have to agree to disagree here. In my house, the
recording was so trivial that people didn't want to sit through
even the whole five minutes. The idea of a good Jewish Hanukah
rap song is neat, but we weren't convinced that this was it.

I'd love to hear from people who have heard this release what
spoke to them so that I can readjust my listening ears. Not even
the rap fans here liked it (I do not count myself among them),
once they got past the initial novelty. But, maybe we just
missed the point.

Me, the last rap or "close to rap" I heard in a Jewish context was
Gefilte Joe with his Fish chanting "Take a Walk on the Kosher Side."

ari

Ari Davidow
The klezmer shack: http://www.well.com/user/ari/klez/
owner: jewish-music mailing list