Yiddish software?

I am taking a Yiddish course at the Workmen's Circle in Brookline, MA.
Some of the students are quite computer-oriented, and several have asked
whether there is any software for word-processing in Yiddish. The teacher
does not have a computer, and doesn't know. I am aware of several Hebrew
programs, but don't know of software intended for Yiddish. I also know of
places to get Hebrew fonts, but don't know where to get fonts specifically
intended for writing Yiddish.

Is there any such software? Are there any fonts specifically for Yiddish?
Have the Hebrew word-processing programs and fonts worked out well for
Yiddish? If anyone has any recommendations, I will pass them on to the
other students in my Yiddish class.

I would also like to know whether anyone has found any software for
*learning* Yiddish. Obviously, in this specific case, Hebrew software
would not be useful.

Hope Ehn               <ehn (at) world(dot)std(dot)com>

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->