Re: Happy Chanukah My Friend

Mike:
We had this CD some years ago (pre-1990 at least) at our NPR station and it
was "withdrawn" as "too controversial". (unfortunately many people took the
recording the wrong way). Lots of folks didn't think it was pc and the
music director just didn't think it was worth it since there were lots of
other music to use. Ithought there were several really fine and clever
tunes on the CD and have a copy at home. But my favorite Chanukah album is
our local group: Zamir Chorale the "Lights" album. It's one of the finest
recordings of Chanukah music and especially for those who love choral
music. j.
At 05:37 PM 12/7/98 -0500, you wrote:

><< >There is a recording by Konekey and Wilde, "Happy Hanukkah My Friend"k
>that
> >consists of "new" Chanukah music. >>
>
>I've been using this recording for a number ofyears on my Chanukah radio
>shows.....good stuff!!  The calypso Dreidel tune is great and well
received by
>the listeners.
>
>mike eisenstadt
>wmnf