Re: Brit Bat

Thanks, Judy.

I have the Libana disk she used for O, Que Mueve Meses. It's an enjoyable
rendition. There are more spirited ones on Lauren Pomerantz' "Jewels of the
Sephardim" and other recordings. I have gone to the trouble of keying in
the lyrics to this song (and its translation) and would be happy to share
it with anyone that wants a (MS Word) copy.

Looks like a super interesting sound and spirit list, thanks!

SHabbat shalom,

Joel

 At 11:34 AM 10/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Joel
>Last December on WGBH, Ellen Kushner's program Sound and Spirit included a
>program about welcoming children into the world. The playlist includes a
>Sephardic song... the playlist is at :
>http://www.wgbh.org/wgbh/pages/pri/spirit/season2/250play.html
>and includes other welcoming songs from many cultures.
>Judy.
>
>At 04:47 PM 10/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Chevra,
>>
>>I have the happy responsibility of planning a Brit Bat for my newborn baby
>>daughter, and would would appreciate it if anyone could suggest sources of
>>appropriate songs (and readings.)
>>
>>Also, I understand there is a Sephardic custom called the Seder Zeved Bat,
>>or "Celebration for the Gift of a Daughter" and would be very interested in
>>any information or a book reference.
>>
>>B'shalom,
>>
>>Joel
>>

>>Joel Bresler
>>250 E. Emerson Rd.
>>Lexington, MA 02420 USA
>>
>>Home:         781-862-2432
>>Home Office:  781-862-4104
>>FAX:                  781-862-0498
>>Cell:         781-622-0309
>>Email:                jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:   781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Cell:           781-622-0309
Email:          jbresler (at) ultra(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->