Re: Brit Bat

Joel Bresler wrote:

> Chevra,
>
> I have the happy responsibility of planning a Brit Bat for my newborn baby
> daughter, and would would appreciate it if anyone could suggest sources of
> appropriate songs (and readings.)

Mazal tov!  We recently had a Brit Bat (we called it a Brit Chayyim) for
our new daughter Ilana.  We found a lot of nice material in Anita
Diamant's "New Jewish Baby Book."  It offers several ideas for service
structure; we picked and chose, and fleshed it out with a lot of our own
material.

For music, I did a few songs by a local musician who's getting big on
the CAJE circuit right now, named Noah Budin.  There are two songs on
his album "Hallelujah Land" called "With These Hands" and Wisdom of the
Heart" that I found perfect (they'd work for a brit for a boy as well).
You can order the tape through my store (plug plug), and I believe Tara
now has it as well, possibly with a few sound clips.

I'm looking forward to seeing other people's musical suggestions for the
occasion, even though it's now academic for me...

B'shalom,
Larry

--
Larry Solomon   shlomo (at) apk(dot)net
Proprietor, Merkaz Judaica    http://www.merkazjudaica.com

"Internet Explorer is bundled with the Windows 95 operating system - at
least until Microsoft can figure out a way to include it with every
polio vaccine or fuse it directly to the human spine."
 - The Daily Show

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->