Cimbalom

Can anyone give me some information on the cimbalom?  I've certainly heard
it plenty on recordings but I only have a vague idea of what it looks like,
mostly from pictures on CDs.  Is there a specific design that is used in
klezmer?  Is anyone making them?  Are there used ones available?  I'm a
piano and piano accordion player and would love to see one of these things
'live' and try it out.  I live in the Amherst, MA area so if any of you are
not too far away and would like to show off your instrument please contact
me.  Otherwise just some general information would be helpful.  I'll save
some bandwidth by thanking you all in advance.

Aaron

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->