Re: klezmer trumpet

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Ari Davidow wrote:

> I can only speak to the fact that I happen to like Balkan Music,
> and happen to like the Balkan Music home page and the people who
> maintain it. I would claim that many people who like klezmer, will
> also, or do also enjoy Balkan and Slavic music styles. And, clearly,
> in many of these countries Jews and non-Jews played each others
> styles, often in the same bands. Zev Feldman talked about "three

Indeed.
I just got the new Charming Hostess CD - and their klezmer (and some
Ladino stuff) is definitely influenced by Balkan  sounds.
I recommend it to everyone - it's very very very good - especially for
those of us who also like grrl bands.

Check it out!

Alana Suskin

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->