"Klezmer" is very popular , "Yiddish" is still our strongest catagory.  If
"Yiddish" recordings were to be included in our "Top 10", some of these titles
would be off the list.

        #1.     "Machaya Klezmer Band" (1st album) This is our #1 recording of
ANY
catagory.
        #2. "In The Fiddler's Houise"-Itzhak Perlman
        #3. "Songs Of Our Father"-Statman & Grisman
        #4. "Yikhes"-Early Klezmer Recordings 1911-1939--Brandwein, Tarras,

Ziganoff, etc.
        #5. "Carpati", 50 Miles, 50 Years-Yale Strom and Zmiros
        #6. "Hora & Blue"-Modern Klezmer Quartet
        #7."Zeydes Un Eyiklekh"-Rubin & Epstein Brothers
        #8. "Klezmer Music 1910-1942" - Various-A. Schwartz, H. Kandel, Tarras,
etc.
        #9. "Masada-Vol.1 to Vol.6 - John Zorn
    #10. "Brave Old World" - Joel Rubin Klezmer Band

 Ari, as to your observation that some of the "older" recordings have made
your list; it seems that many of the younger buyers that learned  about
Klezmer by listerning  to the new bands are now going back to the "source".
The "Klezmorim 1976-1978" did better this year than in the last 3 years
combined.

 There is a great demand for 'traditional' Klezmer music be it "old" such as
the 'Yikhes"(#4) or 'new' such as "Brave Old World" (#10). The less vocals the
better.
How many more 'Klezmer' recordings do we need with 'Bei Mir Bist Du Sheyn'

Simon
Hatikvah Music
436 N. Fairfax Ave.
L. A.,  Ca 90036