Re: Klezmer/Jazz

>>Jeff --
>>
>>I would also suggest a listen to the Paradox Trio. Matt Darriau, their
>>reedplayer and putative leader, is a jazz musician by training and
>>inclination (one of his other gigs is with a post-bop big band from
>>Boston called Orange Then Blue). They play a very hot mix of Eastern
>>European, Middle Eastern and klezmer influences with a lot of post-bop
>>jazz underlying it all. Live they really blow the roof off the house; I
>>think their studio stuff so far is very nice, but it misses some of the
>>intensity of their live sets.
>
>Oh, yes, let me second that. I believe they also have a new
>album out. In any event, they do seem to perform regularly
>in New York.

Thanks for the advice! I think they're playing at the Festival at the
Knitting Factory. I'll have to find out the date that they're playing.

--Jeff

Jeff Wasserman                           Franklin & Marshall College '99

"Rock the jam session on Saddam Hussein. Jam harder like a magic kiss.
Rock music is for our power. Whip a leopard's ass. Play your Mesa/Boogie
guitar. Rock the horse-whipping night away. Rock on the mic check. Rock
Saddam Hussein's ass. Play the rock jam session. Make the crowd roar like a
lion at the show. Rock it like a magic kiss. Whip the hell out of a dead
leopard's ass."
                        --Wesley Willis, "Play That Rock and Roll"