Re: Klezmer/Jazz

>On the 25th: Two bands I don't recognize, culminating with
>   Hasidic New Wave at 11pm. (Charming Hostess might be the
>   band that Daniel Boyarin's daughter or daughter-in-law is in)

I don't know who their parents are, but Charming Hostess played here in
Madison, WI a few months ago at three different venues on three successive
nights, no small trick in this town. The band consists of three women. I
believe they are from San Francisco. The one set I caught was entirely a
capella, though they did use instruments later, I'm told. A small handful
of the songs I heard them do were Jewish in some way. It was a real mixed
bag of material. People here seemed to really dig them,and though it wasn't
my cup of tea I understood the appeal. They were very engaging performers.

Bob Jacobson

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->