Re: Good collections of niggunim

My favorite are the early Chabad recordings, i.e., before they started
over-arranging.  I think they are from around the mid-70's.  With a boys
choir, their melodies are captivating and the spirit is wonderfully
old-world.  Pardon me for being lazy, I can't hunt through my LPs right now,
but look for the early recordings in the Songs of The Chassidim series (I
think that is what they are called).  One of my favorites is the nign for
MiMitzrayim Ge-asalnu.  All those fantastic Russian choral influences.

Lori Lippitz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->