review article

        I am preparing an article for Strings magazine (a "classical"
violin publication) reviewing klezmer album releases in the past  two years
(approximately). I would like to solicit review copies which can be mailed
to me at
Stacy Phillips, 644 Whalley Ave., New Haven, CT 06511
or to
Strings, c/o album review editor, PO Box 767, San Anselmo, CA 94960. (In
the latter case the album will then have to be forwarded to me.)
        Violin should be a prominent feature of the recordings. So far we
have the Klez. Conservatory "Dancing in the Aisles", Klezmatic's
"Possessed", "Live at the Fiddler's House", and "Klezmer - A Marriage of
Heaven and Earth". I would especially be interested in recent re-releases
of old stuff.
       I will be referring to Ari's reviews but input as to the violin
content of the albums would help. Any recommendations for inclusion should
include the record company and their address (hopefully with a contact in
the US). Please reply directly to me.
                Thanks,
                Stacy Phillips
home page - http://nw3.nai.net/~stacyphi