Re: Jewish Elements in Contemp. Pop Music

Alana -

If you get a chance go hear Inasense live.  I would bet that your views would
change.

My first take on their CD was that the music lacked energy and was very
average.  I did like the two explicitly Jewish cuts Oz Vehadar and I'm Your
Slave.

After seeing them play at the Bayou here in Washington, however, I really
altered my view of the band.  They played extended jams, great
percussion-oriented songs and more middleastern sounding instrumentals.  Like
many bands, Inasense would do well to try to capture the live sound in future
recordings.

I hope you give them another chance.

Gideon

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->