History of Jewish Music

I am doing an in-depth study of Jewish music, particularly the styles
used in Jewish music. We know, according to scripture, many in early
Israel such as Miriam and David danced before the Lord. In what way was
synchopation and rhythm used in the music of Israel? Was it similar to
contempory music today in terms of the blend of polyrhythms and melody?
Was the beat emphasized or was it hidden within the melody such as in
what we know as classical music? How did Jewish music change down through
history if at all?

Regards,
Tim Luttrell

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->