RE: History of Jewish Music

Hi Moshe and others interested,

Does anyone care to expound on the Phyrigian scale influence on Jewish music
and
possible direct influence from the Sephardic experience in Spain and Spanish
folk or court music? How do scholars view it? The relationship between Phrygian
modes and Jewish music has fascinated me but I'm unaware of scholarship or
precise evidence in this area,

Scott

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->