Re: Israeli songbook online

This site was distributed as having a listing of on-line transliterations of
Israeli songs:

Ari Davidson wrote:

>Um, aren't there copyright issues? I mean, it's nice of the Gross'
>to let you redistribute, but what about any royalties/permissions
>to the folks who wrote the songs? Is this all material in the
>public domain--otherwise, you are giving someone else's work
>away, which is nice for those who don't want to pay, but rather
>rough on the song/music writers.

I believe that he is correct.  When I get a chance, I plan to check out the
site, and if it seems relevant, I will report it to ACUM, the Israeli ASCAP,
who are responsible for protecting the rights of the composers and
lyricists.

Yosef Zucker

Yosef Zucker, General Manager
OR-TAV Music Publications
P.O. Box 1126  Kfar Sava  44110 ISRAEL
Tel./Fax. 972-9-767-9869
E-mail: ortav (at) netvision(dot)net(dot)il
Date: 08/12/96
Time: 22:17:58

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->