Re: Israeli songbook online

>In article <4u5afc$n37 (at) vegematic(dot)cablesoft(dot)com>,
>trb (at) vegematic(dot)cablesoft(dot)com (Andrew Tannenbaum) wrote:
>
>> I have on the web a scanned copy of an Israeli songbook that was
>> distributed at Washington's Tenth Annual Memorial Day Israeli
>> Folkdance Weekend (I don't know when this was, in the 80's I
>> suppose).  It was compiled by Barry and Myra Gross of Silver Spring,
>> Maryland, who kindly allowed me to redistribute it on the net.
>> Note that all typos are probably as a result of my scan/ocr, don't
>> blame Barry and Myra.  The file contains the text to 380 Israeli
>> songs, in English transliteration.
>>
>>         http://shamash.org/trb/wash.txt

Um, aren't there copyright issues? I mean, it's nice of the Gross'
to let you redistribute, but what about any royalties/permissions
to the folks who wrote the songs? Is this all material in the
public domain--otherwise, you are giving someone else's work
away, which is nice for those who don't want to pay, but rather
rough on the song/music writers.

ari

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->