Re: Modern Jewish Composition

Paul,
        Depends on who is making the definition. To some, it is music by
Jewish composers (in itself, a problematic classification). Others view
it as "art music", i.e. modern 'classical' (as in Stravinsky, etc.) music
with Jewish melodies or on Jewish topics (such as the shoah). Still
others include the more commercial end of it such as Klezmer or modern
Hassidic music, etc. Get the idea? Hope this helps.

Fred Jacobowitz
Clarinet Instructor, Peabody Preparatory

On Mon, 25 Dec 1995, Paul Kriwaczek wrote:

> In article <4blcp8$mv (at) news1(dot)panix(dot)com> kaplan (at) panix(dot)com
>  writes:
>

> > Hi.  I'm interested in finding out who is composing modern Jewish
> > compositions,
> >  particularly for the concert
> > hall.
>

> Please, what is a modern Jewish composition?
>
> --
> Paul Kriwaczek

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->