Re: Modern Jewish Composition

Lee,
        One source is the catalogues of the IMI and IMP, the two large
Israeli music publishers. Thought they are difficult to get hold of, IMI
is carried by Presser and IMP by G. Schirmer via its Associated Music
Publishers subsidiary. (or is it IMP from Presser and IMI from Schirmer?
Either way, you can contact them and they'll tell you). There are many
publications devoted to modern music. If you look through them for Jewish
names, that's another way to do it. I think I remember once seeing a
publication called "Who's Who in Jewish Music" but I'm not sure. Any good
music library ought to help you. Live near any conservatories of music?

Fred Jacobowitz
Clarinet Instructor, Peabody Preparatory

On 25 Dec 1995 kaplan (at) panix(dot)com wrote:

> Hi.  I'm interested in finding out who is composing modern Jewish
> compositions, particularly for the concert
> hall.
>
> Shavua Tov,
>
> Lee

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->