Re: Censorship and First Amendment vis-a-vis NETCOM.COM refuses to act against Anti-Semitism

(NOISE ALERT)

>>The excuse that Netcom uses for its lack of action is lame.  As a private
>>company, they have the right to limit access to whomever they please.
>>They appear not to be a regulated common carrier, thus they can accept or
>>reject any subscriber for any reason, at their own discretion.

(Chuckle) For a company that feels so strongly about "freedom of speech",
they sure are CENSORING the HELL out of this group. (My shell account at
Netcom still show ZERO messages from this group for the past months)

>because it tries to control content.  I think Netcom acted both
>responsibly and prudently, given the current legal situation, to
>guarantee freedom of speech while protecting its users, based on the
>facts as presented.

They're just keeping their ASS covered, fearful that someone might
actually SUE.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->