Re: Cantorial Organizations

I think that HUC stopped giving the psychological tests to applicants.
(Joke was that whoever failed, got in...)

Also, if you're married, your spouse must be Jewish.

HUC was around the corner from a great Mexican restaurant, Caramba, which
served great margarita and was where I would meet my (at that time)
soon-to-be wife after (her) classes.  Closed down now.

It's also across the street from the site of the old Broadway Hotel,
which was torn down and inspired Lanford Wilson to write The Hot L
Baltimore.

[snip]

: To apply, applicants require a autobiographical perspective on their life and
: the reasons for selecting the cantorate in addition to the usual transcripts,
: references, and medical forms. The process also includes an audition and a
: formal interview, as well as a psychological assessment.

--
Jerry Slaff         jerrysl (at) ios(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->