Re: Klezmer

At 5:04 AM 1/31/95, TEXKLEZ wrote:
>I have a klezmer band in Texas and a good friend who plays with Willem
>Breuker Kolektif, Alex Coke. If you want some klez from texas give me your
>address and I can mail it to y0u. OR If you want I can attach a file of
>tiffs of klezmer tunes and upload them.

Whatever you do, PLEASE don't mail messages with TIFFs attached to the
list. (Though individuals are a separate matter.) Many mailer programs out
there still can't handle MIME extensions, and the file you send can become
gibberish or even crash somebody's mail handler. (I discovered this a few
years ago when I mailed a file to a list and got all sorts of flames from
people I never intended to offend and places I never knew had network
connections.)

If you've got a good TIFF to share, FTP it to shamash.nysernet.org so that
it can be added to the graphics archives. Once it's posted and available
for download, send a message telling people where they can get it if they
want it.
(This procedure also saves network bandwidth by not sending the file to
uninterested parties.)

---
The simplest way to stop a flamewar is to breathe deeply, swallow
your bile and just LET an idiot have the last word. - me
Daniel Walker - walker (at) usit(dot)net - Quark XPress (QUARKXPR) list co-owner

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->