Klezmer

After seeing a great PBS show on Klezmer music, I knew I had to get
some recordings. Today I bought The Klezmer Conservatory Band: A Jumpin'
Night in the Garden of Eden. I think it's wonderful. They are very talented
musicians. Are they the only group recording klezmer these days?
What exactly IS klezmer music? I figure it came from musicians in
Eastern Europe that emigrated to the US - but that's all I know.

Is the K. Conservatory Band "traditional" klezmer? Any other reccomendations?

Thanks...

Kevin
dern (at) acs(dot)bu(dot)edu

Topic No. 50