Re: Sephardic shul

Peter (pdm (at) cs(dot)uoregon(dot)edu) wonders:

>...  i believe reich himself is
>jewish.  incidentally, he also wrote a work entitled "tehillim" which is
>a setting of certain passages (sung in hebrew) from the psalms....
>anyway, it's probably only a matter of time  :)

I thought it was common knowledge that in the late 1970s or early 1980s
Steve Reich toyed with the idea of becoming baal tshuva and to that
extent began attending  the Beginner's Minyan at Lincoln Square Synagogue
here in New York City.
I know he developed a couple of acquaintances there (for I was going there
at the same time) but then seems to have droppped away from it.

Bob Kosovsky
Graduate Center -- Ph.D. Program in Music(student)/ City University of New York
New York Public Library -- Music Division
bitnet:   kos (at) cunyvms1(dot)bitnet        internet: kos (at)
cunyvms1(dot)gc(dot)cuny(dot)edu
Disclaimer:  My opinions do not necessarily represent those of my institutions.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->