hanashir

[HANASHIR:17154] RE: Passover music at totshabbat.com

Suggested "choreography" for "Frogs!" posted at totshabbat.com.  (Thanks,
Robin, for posting Passover music when you really needed to  be packing for
an out-of-town trip!)

(1)  With slightly older kids, divide them into 3 groups:  clappers,
ribbiters and jumpers.  They sing their own lyrics -- "clap, clap" while
clapping twice, or "ribbit," or "jump" while jumping -- at both the
beginning and end of the song.

(2)  With younger kids, especially preschoolers, they sing and do it all as
a single group because none of them wants to miss the chance to jump.  Teach
them the rhythm of the actions -- clap, clap, rest, jump -- and trying
continuing those motions through the entire song.  It makes it fun for the
kids as well as any one who happens to be watching (albeit it somewhat
exhausting for the songleader/music teacher) as the room seems to be taken
over by singing frogs.

I wondered aloud whether to include this one at tot and elementary-school
model seders because the kids will want to get up out of their seats to do
the actions.  Teachers, however, told me that's perfect -- the kids need a
chance to jump around in the middle of the seder.

Happy jumping.

-- Carol

Carol Boyd Leon
CBLeon (at) hotmail(dot)com
www.geocities.com/CBoydLeon

Carol Boyd Leon
Songwriter/Cantorial Soloist/Music Educator
E-mail:  CBLeon (at) hotmail(dot)com
Phone:  703-250-0554
Web page:  http://www.geocities.com/CBoydLeon