hanashir

[HANASHIR:17172] Re: Question on Prayer for Healing

It's so interesting how Rabbis and other service leaders come up with
"halacha" for how things need to be done without remembering the great
Jewish tradition of Minhag HaMakom, the custom of the place.  Debbie
Friedman's Mi Sheberach was created by Debbie Friedman and is not part
of the traditional liturgy.  So, it seems to me that wherever each
community inserts it or however, as long as it it respectful of the
tone and music, is appropriate to that community.  I would love to hear
the Rabbi's rational for changing this minchag and whether it's really
worth disrupting a tradition in the community. I dare say that this
sounds disrespectful of the congregation.  Let's face it, it's not like
you put the Sh'ma before the Bar'chu.

Gail

Gail F. Nalven
N.Y.C.

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
unsubscribe hanashir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->