hanashir

[HANASHIR:17163] Re: Question on Prayer for Healing

I like the idea of reading the names between verses.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Duchin" <mduchin (at) sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: <hanashir (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 7:42 PM
Subject: [HANASHIR:17160] Question on Prayer for Healing

> Our synagogue used to recite the names in need of healing between the
> two verses of Debbie Friedman's Mi Sheberach.  I don't recall the
> Rabbi's reason for doing it this way but people were very comfortable
> with it.  That Rabbi has left and we have interim Rabbis this year.
> Each one has said that it didn't make sense to do it that way and they
> have gone back to reciting the names prior to beginning the prayer.
>
> Are there other congregations that recite the names after the first
> verse and if so is there some reasoning that supports doing it that way?
>
> Thanks for any insight I can get.
>
> Mike Duchin
> Congregation Beth Shalom of the Woodlands

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
unsubscribe hanashir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->