hanashir

[HANASHIR:17160] Question on Prayer for Healing

Our synagogue used to recite the names in need of healing between the
two verses of Debbie Friedman's Mi Sheberach.  I don't recall the
Rabbi's reason for doing it this way but people were very comfortable
with it.  That Rabbi has left and we have interim Rabbis this year.
Each one has said that it didn't make sense to do it that way and they
have gone back to reciting the names prior to beginning the prayer.

Are there other congregations that recite the names after the first
verse and if so is there some reasoning that supports doing it that way?

Thanks for any insight I can get.

Mike Duchin
Congregation Beth Shalom of the Woodlands

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
unsubscribe hanashir

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->