Re: Zog Nit Keyn Mol! Tikkun Toes

It is not ever Song of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising -- since it was written in
the Vilner Ghetto by a member of the Vilner Partisaner Organization.

The Warsaw group achieved an uprising.

Sad to say, for a number of reasons, the Vilner group was unable to pull
this off. There was a lot of internal conflict and dissent, and it was in
fact to lift everyone's spirits after the death of their leader that Hirsh
Glik penned these words. A far different scenario. See notes to CD -
Partisans of Vilna.

Sylvia Schildt
Baltimore, Maryland

on 3/31/04 2:51 PM, Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com at Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com