Re: posting replies (was "well I suppose..)

But you shouldn't have to go through all that. I agree that the mail list
should be set up differently. Other lists that I belong to have the "Reply
to" field set to the original sender's name. To me that makes sense. If you
want to reply to the sender, you just choose "Reply", and it doesn't go to
the entire list. If you want to include the list, then choose "Reply All".
So the way this list is set up is counterintuitive (and different from
other list I am aware of). And that is what results in the numerous
apologies one sees for sending something to the whole list.

Can that default "Reply to" setting be changed? If it is, and the list
members are informed of the change, it should make things easier both for
the geeks and the computer novices.

By the way: It IS possible: another list I subscribe to is also hosted by
Shamash.org, so it presumably uses the same maillist software as this
list.That list works the way I described above.

Eric (who has worked professionally with computers for over forty years,
and who still distrusts them)

At 12:53 PM 1/15/2004, you wrote:
>Steve, right click on the name of sender and scroll down to
>"properties".  This will give you the actual email address of the
>sender.  Add to your list.  Bake for 30 minutes. Keep warm, it's freezing
>here in NY.
>Shirona

>Singer, Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music
>    <http://www.shirona.com>www.shirona.com
>    www.cdbaby.com/shirona

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->