Re: Art songs to Yiddish lyrics

Hi,
the Shostakovich song cycle op. 79 "From Jewish Folk Poetry" is indeed a fine
piece of art! I'm very glad that I found three excellent musicians who are as
eager as I am to explore the song cycle from a Klezmer point of view. We use
accordeon (Franka Lampe, member of the no longer existing Klezmer-group
La’om), double-bass (Derek Shirley, member of Yerewan), trumpet (Philipp
Kolb,
expert for modern music, he also worked with Markus Stockhausen) and voice (me,
Andrea Pancur, I’m the singer of the Munich-based Klezmerband Massel-Tov).
Our
artistic director is Marina Roshankova (who was the first assistant of
acclaimed theatre director Peter Zadek).

I can tell you, Shostakovich is really challenging, but GREAT fun!

Yours

Andrea

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->