Charlie "Yard Bird" Parker the Klezmer?

 I have an interesting question (to me anyway). I was watching the Clint
Eastwood film ?Bird? with my son today. About 40 minutes into it there is a
sequence where Bird takes a gig as a sideman with Red Rodney (Chudnick) for
a ?Society Gig?. Next scene sees Forest Whittaker as Bird, wearing white
yarmulke, playing what the movie?s producer?s determined was a Klezmer tune,
at what is presented as a Chasidic wedding.

My question is, was this artistic licence to highlight that Bird played and
toured with Red Rodney, or did Charlie Parker actually play a Klezmer gig?
Does anybody on this list know?

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->