RE: Another lyrics question

Yes...I believe I do...I just have to hunt them up..

Trudi

>From: lucy_fisher (at) timemagazine(dot)com
>To: World music from a Jewish slant
>Subject: Another lyrics question
>Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:42:36 -0000
>
>Does anyone have the Yiddish lyrics to a song from Yidl mitn Fidl. It's the one they sing in a courtyard once Tauba has joined them. The English translation goes something like this:
>
>Ladies and gentlemen, can you tell me
>Why the violin sounds so sad? How can all that feeling fit in a little fiddle?
>The answer is, the fiddle learns it from the player.
>
>Lucy Fisher

>This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
>legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
>of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
>otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
>viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
>reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
>notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
>copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
>herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
>in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
>Thank you.

>Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org
>a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
>online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/
>
>To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read:
>unsubscribe jewish-music
>---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now! ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read: unsubscribe jewish-music ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->