Re: Khevre is astounding

>The only down side was the sparse turnout. This is the second concert I've
>seen in the last month at the Regent Theater in Arlington (MA), the first
>being Pharaoh's Daughter. These gifted artists deserve more than 20 or 30
>people in the audience if they are going to keep performing in Boston.

You know, Dick has a good point. In this particular case, the music was
great, and the weather was fine. So there are even fewer excuses than
usual. I guess I keep hoping that those local people who are interested in
Jewish music (and perhaps especially in new Jewish music) would make more
of an effort to get out and support other musicians doing the same. For
those who can afford the price of a ticket, it helps keep everyone in
business by keeping money velocity up, too ;-).

I do feel that this band is perfect for Johnny D's or Passim, but even so,
when there is room for a big turnout, let's all turn out!

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/