Re: Khevre is astounding

Ok, I guess I'll have to be the second person on the list to congratulate
Michael (It's appropriate. I was sitting behind Ari). Khevre is wonderful,
combining just the right mix of experimentation and tradition and putting on
a rollicking good show.

All 6 musicians were superb on their respective instruments/voices. Like
Ari, I was especially blown away by Richie Barshay on drums
(www.richiebarshay.com).
At 19 he has played with the likes of Herbie Hancock. You'll hear from him
in the future.

The ethereal singer (Aoife O'Donovan - pronounced Eef) reminded me of the
vocalist on Ben Sidran's "Life's A Lesson" album or Betty Silberman's "Sha
Shtil" with Shirim, approaching Yiddish chestnuts with a cool Jazz feeling
that seemed just perfect.

And Michael was Michael. If you've heard him play you know what a
superlative musician he is. And if you haven't, shame on you.

The only down side was the sparse turnout. This is the second concert I've
seen in the last month at the Regent Theater in Arlington (MA), the first
being Pharaoh's Daughter. These gifted artists deserve more than 20 or 30
people in the audience if they are going to keep performing in Boston.

Dick Rosenberg