Re: Ocho Kandelikas

Maxwell Street has a salsarrific version on their, sadly, out of print
first CD.  Also in their video.  I imagine there must be a Flory Jagoda
songbook somewhere, no?

Hey, Lori, time for a second pressing!

Lorele

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:36:46 -0000 "Laoise Davidson" <jmi (at)
soas(dot)ac(dot)uk>
writes:
Does anyone have the lyrics and sheetmusic to Ochos Kandelikas - the
Sephardic/Ladino Chanukah song? A friend of mine would like to sing it
this Chanukah but we dont have even a recording of it in the JMI Library.
Los Desterrados (UK Ladino group) do a lovely live version of it but it
isn't on their last CD.

Thanks

Laoise

Laoise Davidson, Head of Information Services
Jewish Music Institute Library
SOAS University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
Tel. 020 7898 4307
Mob. 07977 509003
Email: jmi (at) soas(dot)ac(dot)uk
Web: www.jmi.org.uk/information/keynote.html