  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Lori M Simon
  Sent: 10 December 2003 13:46
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Subject: Re: Ocho Kandelikas

  Maxwell Street has a salsarrific version on their, sadly, out of print
first CD.  Also in their video.  I imagine there must be a Flory Jagoda
songbook somewhere, no?

  Hey, Lori, time for a second pressing!

  Lorele

  On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:36:46 -0000 "Laoise Davidson" <jmi (at)
soas(dot)ac(dot)uk>
writes:
    Does anyone have the lyrics and sheetmusic to Ochos Kandelikas - the
Sephardic/Ladino Chanukah song? A friend of mine would like to sing it this
Chanukah but we dont have even a recording of it in the JMI Library. Los
Desterrados (UK Ladino group) do a lovely live version of it but it isn't on
their last CD.

    Thanks

    Laoise

    Laoise Davidson, Head of Information Services

    Jewish Music Institute Library

    SOAS University of London

    Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG

    Tel. 020 7898 4307

    Mob. 07977 509003

    Email: jmi (at) soas(dot)ac(dot)uk

    Web: www.jmi.org.uk/information/keynote.html