Augsburg commentary

B"H Bamberg

--- Judith Pinnolis <pinnolis (at) brandeis(dot)edu> wrote:
and I´m glad she did.

> Alex wrote:
> > > TO BE CONTINUED
>
> Well, I really wish you wouldn't. Genug.

Isn´t democracy great, everyone? Feel free to delete
whatever you choose, unread. This story is my life
currently, and I´ve already published the
first volume of my memoirs in German. This
story, as disagreeable as it undoubtedly is,
is true. Shall we then suppress truth while
it´s uncomfortable? Does anyone here really expect
that? Should "A Bintele Brief" be suppressed?

Schweig = toyt - that´s an expression I
heard somewhere recently. Do you know it?
People are people, and will not be suppressed.
Neither Jews nor Palestinians nor women
nor you. Your objection has been noted.

Music and words and ideas are what this list
is about, from what I can tell. My current
participation as Cantor in this synagogue
is a direct result of a feud between competing
factions. I´m trying to stay out of the feud,
and trying to bring the community together,
through a combination of music and prayer.
I am neither the cause of this conflict,
nor its solution.

And this "geschichte" is relevant for at least some
members of the list. The process by which
one becomes a chazan almost overnight should interest
many, if not all. I didn´t seek this position,
you know.

Isn´t democracy great?

Shalom, and have an easy fast. Really.

Alex