Re: IAYC conference/Lorele's new CD

Is this necessary?

I am starting to delete all e-mail with needles 'garbage' in the
message...just plain tired of trying to decipher the Sanskrit!
Simon

</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: Lori Cahan-Simon <L_CAHAN (at) STAFF(dot)CHUH(dot)ORG>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
<DIV></DIV>>To: World music from a Jewish slant <JEWISH-MUSIC (at)
SHAMASH(dot)ORG>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: IAYC conference/Lorele's new CD
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:19:06 -0400
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Tayere khaveyrim,
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>I would like to remind everyone of the International Association
of
<DIV></DIV>>Yiddish Clubs conference that will take place Sept 4th through
7th
<DIV></DIV>>in Baltimore. If you are nearby you can attend the Thursday
<DIV></DIV>>concert, which I will be performing with Steven Greenman and Walt
<DIV></DIV>>Mahovlich, or my workshop on Mikhl Gelbart on Friday, or any of
the
<DIV></DIV>>other concerts or workshops. Go to Fishl Kutner's Der Bay website
<DIV></DIV>>for exact info and schedule.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>As the theme of the conference is Yiddish Teachers: Heroes then
and
<DIV></DIV>>now, I decided to do a program of the music of composer and
teacher
<DIV></DIV>>Mikhl Gelbart. Since we were already rehearsing, I thought "why
not
<DIV></DIV>>record it?" It was all done so quickly I can hardly believe it
<DIV></DIV>>(Started in rehearsals in June, CD ready this week!)!
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>My new CD is called, Vessel of Song: The Music of Mikhl Gelbart,
and
<DIV></DIV>>the musicians on the recording are: Steven and Walt, Alex
Fedoriouk,
<DIV></DIV>>Henry Shapiro, and very special guest, Adria/DIV>>which ranges
from Gelbart's yontef songs and shule songs to his
<DIV></DIV>>incredibly beautiful art songs, and hope you all will want to
hear
<DIV></DIV>>it. I did a lot of research, had some help from wonderful friends
<DIV></DIV>>on this list, and include a 24 page booklet with bios of the
authors
<DIV></DIV>>and what may be the first biography of Gelbart in English.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>Not much of a "press release"; just an informal announcement to
my
<DIV></DIV>>friends thus far, but let me know if you'd like to get a copy. I
<DIV></DIV>>look forward to hearing from you soon.
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>mit frayndshaft un muzik,
<DIV></DIV>>Lorele
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>>--
<DIV></DIV>>You can hear Lori's CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me;
Vol.1:
<DIV></DIV>>Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage.
<DIV></DIV>>Email me for more info.
<DIV></DIV>>