Re: IAYC conference

In a message dated 9/8/03 4:42:56 PM, l_cahan (at) staff(dot)chuh(dot)org
writes:

>  (oh, man, I can't remember the
> violinist's name--used to play with Hankus--Hey Adrianne, I have regards
> for you from him, a neighbor of yours from Akron.  Your older sister
> used to come over and tune his violin for him.) did the material from
> Mayn Oytser and everyone wanted more, more more.

Oy, who!!!!????? Was this someone who began with hankus in the 1970's?
Weinberger???? I didn't even know he was still involved, if this is the person
you
were referring to.
sounds like SUCH a great symposium overall. You know, even with the dancing
being taught by so many experts at KlezKamp and klezkanada and everywhere else,
you still see - the same night as the dance classes were given that day! -
the jumping up and down vine stip, dragging people until their arms are ready
be pulled out of their sockets. Go figure....

Adrianne

Adrianne Greenbaum
www.klezmerflute.com
Associate Professor of Flute, Mount Holyoke College
Klezmer flutist: “FleytMuzik” and “Family Portrait”
Classical: "Sounds of America"
fluteworld or cdbaby

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->