Re: A Klez Kanada photo

Hi I am Jeremy the kid in that photo. The weird violin is actually mine. It
is called a Stroh violin or a phonofiddle.

It was developed in 1901 by some Austrian guy for early recording because
normal violins didn't project\ weren't loud enough for the mics to pick up.

Somehow they also ended up in Transylvania (Romania) were they are played
and made. I got mine from a store called lark in the morning in Seattle. It
is the Romanian model not the Austrian\German one

For audio clip  and better picture of the instrument go to
www.jeremyb.com/music

Thx for the pic roger
\
Jeremy