Re: Replying to messages

> > When someone asks a question, unless it's something that you feel is
> > important for the whole list to see, please reply offline!  This
> > especially goes for those who specifically request replying offline.
> > Just check the header when replying and make sure you're not sending it to
> > the list.
>
>I couldn't disagree more with this posting.  This is the first time in ages
>that I've felt compelled to write something to the list.

Lionel and several others accurately reflect list policy. This is a
community - we WANT people to respond here, and we want those
conversations. Without those responses going to the list, there would be
NO deeper conversation - no responses or feedback to anyone's thoughts or
opinions. That would be bad for the community.

Also, do please note that this list has an owner. It is my job to let
people know if there are problems with posts (and to fix changed
addresses, temporary absences, etc.). If you have a question about list
policy, please check with me first.

Thanks,

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->