  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Ari Davidow
  Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 7:13 AM
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Subject: Re: Replying to messages

  At 02:17 AM 9/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:

    I was just pissed that people replied to the list when the message said
    specifically "please reply privately," and this happened with two
    successive threads.  I'm not saying you should curtail meaningful
    discussion.

  This list is not a strip mine. Replies =should= always be to the list so
that everyone can be enlightened, and so that discussion, where relevant,
can ensue. If nothing else, replies to the list are then on record, and if
Shamash ever fixes their search engine (or I finish moving us to another
platform), the next person along with that question can find it just by
searching.

  Folks who consider the list their private free consulting group are the
anti-social folks we want to discourage ;-).

  ari

  Ari Davidow
  ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
  list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
  the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->