Sobig-F virus and our list

Well, it's not exactly off-topic:

My email address has been spammed all over the globe for the past three days,
carrying the latest virus (Sobig-F) to people I've never heard of.
Unfortunately, today I see it was sent to someone on our list, which makes me
think
that one of our compatriots was the victim whose address book is being pirated
send viruses.  Any of us could get an email appearing to be from someone else
on the list with an attachment containing the virus.

SO...my suggestion is that we not send attachments to each other without
specifying what it is, so that there is no accidental virus-spreading.

Lori (at) MAX

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->