Re: the Beeb's credibility?

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Bram Dov Abramson wrote:

> European governments got together to declare a Holocaust
> Memorial Day as 27 January.

Until 2 years ago the UK and Italy where the only
European countries who did not have a Sho'ah memorial
day. They picked 27 January, being the day on which
Auschwitz was liberated.

All the other European countries have had Sho'ah
memorial days for decades. E.g. in Holland it's on
4 May, the day on which Holland was liberated.

 Groeten,
 Irwin Oppenheim
 i(dot)oppenheim (at) xs4all(dot)nl
 ~~~*