Re: Music from China

>For an exhibit on synagogues in China, we would like to have some music
>playing in the background... can anyone recommend a cd that would have an
>appropriate song (we just need about a minute.)  There are two community
>shuls we are featuring, one Ashkenazi and one Sephardi.  This is for
>children, so I am hoping to find some music that has an Asian sound to it
>(though I know that any traditional Ashkenazi and Sephardi melody would be
>appropriate). I would like one that would interest kids, and that they
>would associate with the Far East.

You might want to contact the synagogue in Beijing. They have a klezmer
band (and a listing on the KlezmerShack):

http://www.klezmershack.com/contacts/klezbyloc.html#china

Yields:

Kehillat Beijing Klezmorim. E-mail: bjjcinfo (at) iname(dot)com(dot) (Elyse
Beth Silverberg)

Hope this helps,
ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/