From: "Ari Davidow" <ari (at) ivritype(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Why genre classification is not only necessary but desired

> So it will come as no surprise that of the requests to unsubscribe, posted
to the list periodically when people get confused, and just want to
unsubscribe, exactly one over the last two years has been able to follow
instructions and do it themselves ;-).

> Brave Old World invented a whole new term: "New Jewish Music" to describe
what they do, and at every concert I attend I hear mutterings about how it
"isn't klezmer".

http://www.rogovoy.com/427.shtml).