  From: cohenedmunds
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 5:58 AM
  Subject: Re: Four Quesions on Am Yisroel Chai

  I have music for three different versions: one attributed to Carlebach in V.
Pasternak's Israel In Song (Tara Publ.), the second is credited to "The
Brothers Zimm" (P. Zimel and S. Zimel) - same book, and the third is in Sol
Zim's The Joy of The Jewish Wedding (Sol's arrangement but he credits
S.Rockoff) - also Tara Publ. There's also a nice round in my copy of The Jewish
Center Songster - no composer, and its not associated with any particular
holiday or tradition - no source/reference for the lyrics. I'm curious too.
  Beth A. Cohen

  Beth A. Cohen