Re: en keloheynu

Lorele wrote:

   I was looking in the 1931 edition of The Jewish Community Songster and
    found En Keloheynu, the usual tune that people on this list have
   characterized as a "German drinking tune".  In this book it is
   attributed to J. Freudenthal.  Is this true, and what can anyone tell
   me  about him?

It _is_ true.  If memory serves--I can look up more later--it was one of
four Ein Kelokeinus that he wrote--or, anyway, one of four that appeared--
in the first Reform hymnal--published, I am almost sure, in Germany.  (We
know exactly when it was published and I think I remember, but I'll wait to
post until I look it up--or until someone else does, whichever comes first.)

--Robert Cohen