Boston area, MA: New England Folk Festival (fwd)

Hi, all -

The New England Folk Festival 2003 is approaching - Friday April 25 -
Sunday, April 27, in Natick, MA. Info at: www.neffa.org

This is the 59th annual festival, and it attracts thousands of attendees
as well as hundreds of performers. It has a reputation for presenting
mainly New England contra dancing and other American and British
Isles-type music and dance, but in fact we Eastern European
music/dance enthusiasts have done a pretty good job of infiltrating the
program.

Here is a list of Jewish/Klezmer/Israeli, etc. events and performers.

I haven't included the dance performances where many of the local ethnic
community dance groups perform, or the international dance events that
might have such content as well. I also haven't included the many Balkan
or other Eastern European-but-not-Jewish sessions (Hungary, Romania,
Poland, etc.) Nor have I mentioned, the ethnic food booths, or the
zillions of vendors selling folk music-related stuff of every conceivable
variety - including Jewish and klezmer CDs, music books, etc.

I'm sure that any of the folks below would love to see your smiling faces
in the audience or on the dance floor!

Henry Goldberg

P.S. I apologize to anyone I left off the list - feel free to speak up!

DAY          TIME       SESSION TITLE                 PERFORMER

Friday       7:45pm     Klezmer Soup (wkshop)         Garlic &
Onions

Saturday    11:00am     Klezmer Composition (wkshop)  Ben Pasamanick,
                                                      Robbie Wedeen,
                                                      Matthew Van Brink

Saturday    11:45am     Intro to Klezmer (wkshop)     Seth Austen &
                                                        Beverly Woods

Saturday     6:45pm     Yiddish Music Concert         Rebecca Kaplan &
                                                      Pete Rushefsky

Sunday      10:00am     Klezmer Old & New (concert)   Klezniks

Sunday      11:45am     Weird-rhythm Israeli Dance    Larry Denenberg
                                                      Robin&the Deaf Girls

Sunday       1:30pm     Jewish Dance Wkshp            Garlic & Onions,
                                                        Dan Yonah
                                                        Ben-Dror Marshall

Sunday       4:15pm     Yiddish Music Concert         Wholesale Klezmer Band